Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter Celebrations...................

Easter for me and my family is a very important part of our faith....We tend to spend it with family,attending Church Services..and celebrating New Life.....It it is a time to celebrate...after 40days of lent ...starting with the Passion of Christ and the Resurrection on Easter Sunday...it is a journey which we celebrate New Life...Hope.....

Personally originally I was born in Malta...these are some of Easter Activities that happen in Malta if one is interested to read about...here Apart from Church services..parades in the street take place as well....The Good Friday is very symbolic and very colorful

easter in malta risen christ

As a symbol of this in my country where I was born we create These Easter Biscuits. in the shape of some form of new life....being a bird, rabbit, heart,butterfly etc....if you are interested in the recipe and how to do them....here is your chance...
easter recipes from malta figolli
On Easter day as kids we used to be given one of these each. In the village a parade in the streets takes place and we used to go where the parade is being held so our Easter Biscuit will be blessed and then we go home and eat it...I can assure you it did not last very long........

Unfortunately I have not had the opportunity to take my children during the Easter Period...it would have been an experience for them..

easter in malta figolli

This is were the Easter Bunny feel into place....some celebrate it in the shape of an egg or a Bunny which again is the symbol of New Life.....

I hope this gave you a bit of an insight of how different cultures share the Easter Message in their own way...........

This is another read about Maltese Celebrations... if you want to read it on another blog ....here

And if anyone is interested to know how Easter Bunny started this will tell you all about it...here


Hope this gave you some insight and found it quite interesting....

4 comments:

Tat said...

That is so interesting and those biscuits look amazing! I was just wondering where the Easter bunny came from. Thanks for the link, I'll head over and read all about it now.

Marthese said...

Hope you enjoyed reading...I will be attempting to those biscuits in the next couple of days!

Marthese said...

Hope you enjoyed reading...I will be attempting to those biscuits in the next couple of days!

Marthese said...

Hope you enjoyed reading...I will be attempting to those biscuits in the next couple of days!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails