Friday, April 6, 2012

Good Friday as celebrated in Bormla Malta

Good Friday (Passion of Christ)  as celebrated in Bormla Malta


IMG_4344




I just thought I share some memories that I have when I used to live in Malta and how Good Friday and the Passion of Christ is celebrated.

Good Friday is a very important day in Malta. At 3.00PM we commemorate the death of Jesus Christ with a service at Church.

A parade  with all these statues (representing the Passion of Christ),  happens along the streets of each village during the day.





These statues happen to belong to the parish that I grew up in. Thank you Adrian Sammut and Marco Saliba for sharing this on your site. I am so glad to be able to share them with my readers on my blog, who probably some have never seen anything like this!

bormlasalibedit 


Guda Bormla1 

IMG_4339

IMG_4340

RedentBormla


IMG_4343

OrtBormla

Veronika1

Monument Bormla1


Cospicua Church
Hope some of you have enjoyed this as I have enjoyed sharing it with you!

 
marthese (2) image


About Marthese
Marthese is the face behind:
twitter buttons facebook buttons youtube buttons linkedin buttons Follow Me on Pinterest
Check out our latest  Giveaway & Specials

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails