Monday, November 3, 2014

Red Rooster is changing their way of thinking.....

Red Rooster realised that people no longer want fast food; they want real, nourishing food from a known source, they are making a lot of changes and adding many healthier options to their menu.


Lately I have been offered the opportunity to try one of their family meals.

 

Red Rooster Store



To tell you the truth lately I have changed my eating lifestyle, so I was  hesitant initially to try what I normally perceived as fast food. 

I do not think I have been to a Red Rooster store for a while. So anyway I went along and picked up our Red Rooster Family Meal.






This Roast chicken meal was for four people and is what you see below:

Family meal for 4 people




  • A whole roast chicken, which you are offered to have it cut in 2, 4 or 8 portions.
  • 4 large roast potatoes
  • 4 large pieces of roasted pumpkins
  • 4 roasted carrots
  • a bowl of peas
  • a bowl of gravy
  • a garlic bread
So packed nicely in foil trays  & plastic bowls and placed in carry bags....off I went home to try this beautifully prepared meal.

packed and ready to try this delicious meal......



I have to remind you again, that lately I have been watching what I was eating, so from a person who is watching what they eat, I can confidently say that the garlic bread, roast potatoes were not on top of my list to eat. But we succumbed and portioned the meal, we actually had 2 meals out of this and it was delicious, even when I heated up the next portion the next day.

Just for your info, you do not actually have to have the pumpkin, potatoes, bread, peas & carrots with the roast chicken. They have on offer other healthy sides dishes such as:

  • Tabouli
  • Garden Salad
  • Coleslaw
You can see for yourself what they have on offer over here

What I would like to see personally?

  • Yes the chicken was a winner.
  • Although the pumpkin, peas & potatoes are super yummy, these are very high in fat.
  • Maybe introduce vegetables like carrots( which they already have), cauliflower, broccoli, spinach etc...or whatever might be in season at the time.
  • More choice of salads
I close up by saying thank you Red Rooster for giving me the chance to try your family meal, I will definitely be back, you won me on the chicken. I think the meal is of great value, and it is great to know that if I am feeling lazy and want to have a night off I can have a nutritious meal by just driving to my local Red Rooster Store.

By the way, I almost forgot to mention, Red Rooster Staff were very prompt and offered great service........!




image

About Marthese
Marthese is the face behind:
twitter buttons facebook buttons youtube buttons linkedin buttons Follow Me on Pinterest



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails